The USB (Universal Serial Bus), HID Keyboard Emulation, Full Size Swipe Reader is a compact magnetic stripe card reader, which conforms to ISO standards. The Reader is compatible with the PC series of personal computers or any device with a USB interface. A card is read by sliding it, stripe down and facing the LED side, through the slot either forward or backward. A LED (Light Emitting Diode) indicator on the Reader panel provides the operator with continuous status of the Reader operations. The reader emulates a USB Human Interface Device (HID) keyboard. This allows host applications designed to acquire card data from keyboard input to seamlessly acquire the card data from the USB swipe reader.
- Interface Type: USB HID / USB Keyboard Emulation
- Color(s): Black / White
- Dimensions: 1.23" x 1.28" x 3.94"
- Reference Standards: ISO and AAMVA
- Power Input: From USB
- Recording Method: Two-frequency coherent phase (F2F)
- Card Speed: 3 - 60 i.p.s. (forward or reverse)
- Card Types: ISO and AAMVA (driver's license)
- Operating: -40 °F to 158 °F (-40 °C to 70 °C)
- Storage: -40 °F to 158 °F (-40 °C to 70 °C)
- Operating: 10% to 90% noncondensingStorage: 0% to 100% noncondensing
- Operating: 0 - 10,000 ft. (0 - 3,048 m.)
- Storage: 0 - 50,000 ft. (0 - 15,240 m.)